Fund raising activities
- Jamdani sale (A Bangladeshi heritage)
- Manas product sale (Handmade Cushions)
- Fund raising breakfast in Toowoomba
- Fund raising high tea in Canberra
Mental Health Awareness creating activities in Australia and Bangladesh
- Our second round of Mental Health Awareness workshops in Bangladesh ended this year. Please see the attached report. This report includes achievements at a glance, detail of the schools covered under this project, project description and activities.
- We organised a “Youth Mental Health Workshop” for Bangladeshis living in Canberra in November 2018 with the support of Headspace Canberra and BAAC.
- In addition to our fund raising activities for the mental health project, we also organised a creative art competition “What is Happiness” to create mental health awareness. Ahelee from Melbourne, Rumaan and Shehvaar from Canberra won the prizes in three different categories. Pandsi board director, Liana Leach (Senior Research Fellow at the ANU) and Dr Marian Currie from University of Canberra were in the Judges panel.
- We organised a “Women Mental Health Workshop” in Canberra in August 2019 in collaboration with PANDSI and BAAC.
Activities in pictures
An Exclusive Cooking Workshop by MasterChef 2017 contestant Rashed
Rashedul Hasan is the first Bangladeshi to enter MasterChef Australia 2017 final round.
Rashedul Hasan was in Canberra for the first time and conducted an exclusive cooking workshop!
Pictures are coming soon!
The event is sponsored by Alvina’s collection
Cake workshop on 23rd September, 2017 in Sydney
Sabrin Farooqui Usri conducted a cake workshop in Sydney on 23rd September, 2017. It was a great success.
Bake Sale, 12th August, 2017, University of Canberra, Canberra
SiTara’s Story organised a bake sale fund raiser on 12th August, Saturday at the Community Sports Day 2017 hosted by BAAC, Tigers S.C and Bangla School.
Cooking Class, 13th August, Ngunnawal , Canberra
Evana Rahman conducted a cooking class on 13th August for SiTara’s Story. It was a huge success.
Coffee corner at Dhrupad Musical Show, Canberra, 2017
Fund Raising Iftar, 17th June, 2017
For details, please visit our Facebook page.